The best part about green tea K cups is that they’re never subjected to over-brewing. Nor are the tea leaves used of low quality. In short, these K cups don’t taste bitter at all. Because the single-serve brewers simply inject the right amount and temperature of water to prepare a brew quickly. And that’s how green tea should be prepared; quick steep and really hot water.
You have put your precious Keurig machine to good use with all your coffee varieties. So why not expand its range with green tea and maybe even hot chocolate!
In that case, here are some of the best K cups packed with delicious, high-quality, and flavorful green tea you’re sure to find refreshing and calming.
- Review of the Best Green Tea K-Cups
- 1. Twinings of London Jasmine Green Tea K-Cups
- 2. Twinings Green Tea Decaf Keurig K-Cups
- 3. Lipton Green Tea with Chamomile Mint K-Cup
- 4. Celestial Seasonings Green Tea K-Cup Pods
- 5. Bigelow Green Tea Keurig K-Cup Pods
- 6. Cha4TEA Matcha Green Tea for Keurig
- 7. VitaCups Green Tea Pods
- 8. TruMatcha Organic Matcha K Cups
- How Does Green Tea Come In K Cups?
- Does Green Tea In K Cups Offer Health Benefits?
- How Much Caffeine Is Present In Green Tea K Cups?
- How to Make Green Tea Using Keurig?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Wrapping It Up
Review of the Best Green Tea K-Cups
1. Twinings of London Jasmine Green Tea K-Cups
As if the health benefits of pure green tea weren’t enough, Twinings of London also decided to infuse real jasmine flowers into this fine blend. The jasmine is what adds the smooth taste, enticing floral aroma, and fresh flavor to the tea packed in convenient-to-use K cups.
It’s a very comforting drink to start your mornings with. The smoothness of the tea flavor is the best part if you ask me.
- Infused with real jasmine flowers
- Incredibly smooth, fragrant pure green tea
- Twinings of London never adds any artificial ingredients
2. Twinings Green Tea Decaf Keurig K-Cups
This one’s among Amazon’s top choices not just for nothing. Firstly, the green tea comes from the Zhejiang Province along the coast of China where there are small mountain ranges and hills and the humid subtropical climate is ideal for tea production.
So, no doubt, you’re going to enjoy the fresh, smooth, and natural taste of this caffeine-free tea. And if decaf is how you like your beverages to be, then how about decaffeinated coffee K cups as well for your Keurig coffee maker?
- Refreshing, decaffeinated green tea
- Rich, smooth, soothing flavor
- Compatible even with 2.0 Keurig coffee makers
3. Lipton Green Tea with Chamomile Mint K-Cup
Now, how about some smooth, delicate green tea with herbs like soothing chamomile and refreshing mint, along with other natural flavors. The aroma too is very calming, thanks to both chamomile and mint once again.
But what’s so special here is that every K cup (8 fluid ounces) contains zero calories. Isn’t that great news for those on a weight loss program!
- Green tea blended with chamomile and mint
- Smooth and delicate flavor with a refreshing aroma
- 0 calories in every 8 fluid ounce serving
4. Celestial Seasonings Green Tea K-Cup Pods
A natural source of antioxidants, this authentic green tea has a very smooth taste and tantalizing aroma. The all-natural flavors and ingredients with zero artificial preservatives and colors make the experience 100% natural.
So why not skip coffee once in a while to savor a beverage that’s neither too strong nor too bitter! Because oftentimes caffeine tends to upset the tummy. But if you have a sensitive gut, then choose stomach-friendly, low acid coffee instead. And if not, then you always have green tea to fall back on.
- 100-percent natural green tea
- Enriched with antioxidants
- Smooth flavor and tantalizing aroma
- Gluten-free with no artificial flavors and ingredients
5. Bigelow Green Tea Keurig K-Cup Pods
Yet another soothing green tea flavor that’s antioxidant-rich. Every K cup delivers consistent quality. Bigelow, just like the other brands so far, offers other flavors too. In this case, the list includes Vanilla Chai, English Breakfast, and many more varieties.
Even organic teas are a part of that list. So, in case you happen to be an environment-friendly coffee lover, then you might want to extend that thoughtfulness to your tea K cups as well.
- Soothing, antioxidant-rich green tea
- Very delicious flavor in every K cup
- A smooth brew that doesn’t taste too strong
6. Cha4TEA Matcha Green Tea for Keurig
First off, matcha powder offers a plethora of health benefits. It’s packed with antioxidants, improves brain function, protects the liver, prevents cancer, promotes heart health, and helps to lose weight. So how about sipping natural green tea that’s infused with Japanese-origin matcha powder!
The flavor is smooth, no doubt, and the taste milky with the aroma of matcha. So it doesn’t matter which Keurig coffee maker you own, even if it belongs to the 2.0 series, you can prepare delicious, stimulating matcha tea instantly.
- Natural green tea contains matcha powder
- Smooth flavor, milky taste, and matcha aroma
- The brand is known for their selection of flavors, quality, and consistency
- Compatible with all Keurig brewing systems, even 2.0
7. VitaCups Green Tea Pods
If you’re following a Paleo or Keto diet, then here’s just the green tea you need. It’s got matcha, vitamins, and moringa to boost energy, metabolism, immunity, productivity, and overall health. And let me also point out that the brand VitaCup uses 100-percent recyclable coffee pods.
The smoothness and complexity of this quality green tea are hard to beat. On top of that, just a single K cup brew is sure to make you feel less irritable, sluggish, forgetful, emotional, and even sick when you start your day.
- Premium green tea ideal for Keto and Paleo diets
- Blend of vitamins for antioxidants
- Also infused with moringa and matcha
- 100% recyclable, single-serve, Keurig-compatible pods
8. TruMatcha Organic Matcha K Cups
The pure matcha flavor is very rare to stumble upon. So when you do, it’s best to seize that wonderful, healthful opportunity. These Organic Pure Matcha K Cups work with both Keurig 2.0 and 1.0 coffee makers.
This is highest quality Japanese-origin matcha green tea loaded with antioxidants. The level of antioxidants is 10 times greater in comparison to regular green tea. Heavenly, delicious matcha green tea latte that’s ready to boost your day and health.
- Pure matcha flavor green tea
- Contains 10 times more antioxidants
- USDA Organic, Kosher, and Fair Trade certified
How Does Green Tea Come In K Cups?
Tea leaves of a wide variety of flavors are packed into K cups that you can easily use with your Keurig coffee maker. Green tea blends are often infused with herbal ingredients, such as chamomile, jasmine, matcha, peppermint, etc. These natural ingredients add a unique twist to the traditional taste, flavor, and aroma of green tea.
Does Green Tea In K Cups Offer Health Benefits?
Of course, why not! Green tea is mainly consumed because of its broad range of health benefits. So, in case you don’t know them already, here they are:
- Its natural bioactive compounds reduce inflammation in the body. They also reduce the risks associated with the development of neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and dementia.
- Caffeine in green tea boosts brain function, improves memory, and elevates mood.
- Green tea increases metabolic functioning and fat burning.
- Its rich antioxidants minimize the chances of colorectal cancer, breast cancer, and prostate cancer. And they also prevent cardiovascular disease.
- Green tea catechins promote oral/dental health.
- It reduces the levels of blood sugar and insulin sensitivity. Thus, preventing type 2 diabetes.
How Much Caffeine Is Present In Green Tea K Cups?
Generally speaking, K cups with green tea offer around 30 to 40 milligrams of caffeine.
As for a serving of loose green tea, every 8-ounce cup contains somewhere between 30 and 50 milligrams of caffeine. And, needless to say, the levels of caffeine differ from brand to brand. But, more often than not, this variation is almost negligible.
How to Make Green Tea Using Keurig?
Once you find out that you can prepare tea using tea bags or loose tea leaves in your special Keurig coffee maker, it only piques your curiosity. Especially if you enjoy drinking green tea!
In that case, here are the instructions for brewing tea in the Keurig.
- 1In the case of a tea bag, you have to first remove the staple pin and the paper it’s attached to. Now place the tea bag flat in a reusable K cup. And if you’re using loose tea, then add 1 teaspoon into the reusable K cup and put that into your Keurig coffee machine.
- 2Select the cup size and brew strength before the Keurig coffee maker starts brewing. Feel free to go for the “strong” setting option for bolder tea.
- 3Based on the cup size, the machine adjusts its water levels and pours your freshly prepared brew into the mug resting on the drip tray.
- 4The final step is for you to add sugar or whatever you like to savor your green tea with.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Tea Bags In Keurig?
Standard tea bags can be used with Keurig coffee makers. In fact, you can use your Keurig machine as a hot water dispenser too. Just add the tea bag into the mug and place it on the machine’s drip tray.
Can You Put Tea In Reusable K Cups?
I don’t see why you cannot steep loose tea in reusable K cups. After all, these reusable filters designed for Keurig coffee makers brew coffee, tea, and even hot chocolate.
What Is the Difference Between Green Tea K Cups and Tea Bags?
Price is the major difference between the two, K cups being the more expensive option. A package of 24 single-serve tea K cups consists of each cup costing around 64 cents. In comparison to that, a package of 20 tea bags consists of each tea bag costing just 15 cents.
As is evident, K cups are nearly 4 times more expensive than tea bags. On top of that, you can re-steep most tea bags. Or brew them with various infusions. And this is something you don’t get to do with K cups. In that case, re-steeping tea bags further increases the difference of cost between them and K cups.
Can You Add A Tea Bag In Coffee?
If you’re a genuine caffeine lover, mixing tea and coffee is a blasphemy. You can either drink tea or coffee, never both blended together. Or even both consumed at the same time.
Wrapping It Up
Almost every one of us knows how beneficial green tea is for health. However, not many incorporate green tea into their daily diet. A beverage that you can consume on a daily basis to boost immune, heart, liver, and brain functioning, and your overall health. Irrespective of whether you’re a coffee person or not!
So for those who want these benefits to be a part of their life, and those who truly enjoy the refreshing, smooth taste of green tea, and have a Keurig coffee maker, why not expand your fancy machine’s versatility by brewing green tea as well!