The most delicious and richest spices are a part of many teas all over the world. And the classic, creamy chai latte is a part of that. Rich spiced notes of cardamom, cinnamon, etc. infused with the boldest black teas and creamy milk and delightful sugar. That’s the kind of beverage you should be looking forward to in the case of chai latte K-cups.
Complex, aromatic chai latte is surely a specialty drink for spiced tea lovers. And Keurig has made it possible for you to savor this favorite beverage without always going to a coffee shop. Their coffee makers are certainly versatile, even for hot cocoa lovers. And not just hot chocolate K-cups, Keurig also accepts refreshing, flavorful green tea K-cups.
Turning back our attention to a chai latte, let’s get to know the best brands and their flavors. So you can have an option other than coffee to make your mornings even better.
- Top 10 Best Chai Tea K-Cups
- 1. Twinings of London Chai Latte Tea K-Cups
- 2. Cafe Escapes Chai Latte K-Cup Pods
- 3. Happy Belly Chai Latte Tea Pods
- 4. Solimo Chai Latte Tea Pods
- 5. Tazo Classic Chai Latte K-Cup
- 6. Bigelow Vanilla Chai Tea K-Cups
- 7. Skinnygirl Indulgent Chocolate Chai Latte
- 8. Grove Square Chai Latte K-Cup
- 9. Starbucks Tazo Chai Tea K-Cup
- 10. Celestial Seasonings India Spice Chai Tea K-Cup
- Chai Latte K-Cups Buying Guide
- Final Note
Top 10 Best Chai Tea K-Cups
1. Twinings of London Chai Latte Tea K-Cups
Treat yourself to the sweet, savory, spiced flavors of cardamom, ginger, cloves, and cinnamon. This chai latte by Twinings of London offers a bold and spicy taste with a rich and vibrant aroma. It’s smooth and creamy coupled with a warm and soothing aroma perfect for your early mornings.
The smoothest chai latte at your disposal; you get a taste of all the spices, which are not overpowering in the least bit.
- Spicy and smooth chai latte
- Infused with cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, ginger, black pepper
- Strong blend decaf tea
2. Cafe Escapes Chai Latte K-Cup Pods
Cafe Escapes doesn’t just offer Chai Latte but also Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Mocha, and many other delicious flavors. As for these chai latte K-cups, it’s no ordinary beverage. The tea is packed with spices and cinnamon that strike the perfect balance with the milky sweetness.
Whatever is in the K-cups is gluten-free and trans-fat-free. As for the caffeine content, it’s below 10 milligrams per K-cup. And this is way less in comparison to 100 to 150 milligrams present in Arabica coffee. Limiting your caffeine content is why you have the option of half caff K-cups too.
- Black tea with exotic spices
- Contains the sweetness of milk
- Caffeine content below 10 milligrams
- Both natural and artificial sweeteners included
3. Happy Belly Chai Latte Tea Pods
This Amazon brand presents chai latte pods that are compatible with both Keurig 1.0 and 2.0 coffee makers. If you ask me, it’s good chai tea perfect for those who enjoy flavorful beverages. The super-rich flavor inside the pods prepares a great cup of chai latte without all the calories.
It’s bold and spicy but not hot on the tongue. And the best part is that you can savor this chai latte tea iced or hot.
- Naturally flavored chai latte
- Contains nonfat milk
- Compatible with Keurig 1.0 and 2.0
4. Solimo Chai Latte Tea Pods
Yet another very popular Amazon brand for Keurig-compatible chai latte with milk. This also works with the more recent and advanced 2.0 Keurig brewing systems.
What about the flavor, taste, and quality? Expect to come across no disappointments. The chai latte flavor is incredibly creamy and rich with the deliciousness of spicy, sweet cardamom. And even though strong-flavored, there’s no bitter aftertaste.
- Rich, creamy chai latte
- Spicy cardamom flavored
- Compatible with Keurig 1.0 and 2.0
5. Tazo Classic Chai Latte K-Cup
If you can’t get enough of spiced chai tea, then you’re bound to enjoy the rich taste of this blend by Tazo. It’s got black tea, cardamom, vanilla, cinnamon, and ginger to delight your senses at any time of the day. This exotic flavored tea tastes great both as a hot chai tea latte or if you decide to add it to your iced tea mix.
A moderate amount of caffeine is present in here, which appeals to those who prefer decaffeinated coffee with their Keurig coffee makers. No doubt, this classic chai latte black tea is very delicious and refreshing yet subtle and fragrant with a hint of sweetness.
- Spiced chai tea with sweetened dairy packets
- A rich blend of cardamom, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger
- Subtle hints of spearmint and lemongrass
- Moderate caffeine level with no bitterness
6. Bigelow Vanilla Chai Tea K-Cups
It’s exciting when your favorite tea comes in the form of K-cups. So you can prepare your favorite beverage even at work, that is if your office has a Keurig coffee maker. Be it the 1.0 or 2.0 model.
The flavor of this vanilla chai tea is exactly the same as vanilla-flavored tea bags. On top of that, it’s the perfect choice for a keto diet. Good chai tea flavor in convenient K-cups; nothing could better than this!
- Flavorful vanilla chai tea
- The perfect sweet treat for a keto diet
- Compatible with Keurig 1.0 and 2.0
7. Skinnygirl Indulgent Chocolate Chai Latte
Firstly, this brand is quite popular for its variety of flavors packed in K-cups. Such as Mojito Mint Green Tea, Half Caff Coffee, Vanilla Tea Latte, Cranberry Cosmo White Tea, and a lot more. As for the Chocolate Chai Latte flavor, it’s certainly an extraordinary choice for rich and dark chocolate lovers.
Black tea blended with warm spices and dark chocolate is surely a treat to be enjoyed as long as you have a Keurig coffee maker. You don’t even require any sweetener because this chai latte already offers a delightful touch of sweetness.
- Classic chai latte with rich, dark chocolate
- Premium ingredients and warm spices included
- Available in a wide range of K-cup flavors
8. Grove Square Chai Latte K-Cup
In the mood for an extra creamy chai latte? Then it’s time to consider Grove Square. The deliciously rich spiced notes, smooth flavors, bold tea, and sweet cream are sure to satisfy your chai latte cravings. The special gourmet taste is the best part in my opinion.
It may not be as spicy as authentic chai tea due to the lack of black pepper, but it definitely discourages you from heading to expensive coffee shops to enjoy a cup of chai latte.
- Extra creamy chai latte
- Rich spiced notes and naturally flavored
- Bold tea blended with sweet cream
9. Starbucks Tazo Chai Tea K-Cup
Prepare your senses for a rich and robust blend of bold black tea with cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, and black pepper. Full-bodied black teas that have been completely oxidized tend to develop an incredibly complex character and aroma.
There’s no doubt these K-cups prepare a drink that tastes as good as Starbucks chai tea latte, at half the price that too.
- An exotic, rich, robust chai tea latte
- With spicy ginger, fragrant cardamom, and sweet cinnamon
- A complex character with a plain tea flavor
10. Celestial Seasonings India Spice Chai Tea K-Cup
A blend of premium tea with exotic flavors and natural spices that you can sweeten with honey or sugar and also milk. The tea and spices infused in it are loaded with health-boosting antioxidants.
The high-quality K-cups keep out moisture, light, and air. On opening them, it’s hard to resist the delicious chai aroma. And on preparation, every sip of the rich flavor is a treat, even for those with caffeine sensitivity.
- Premium tea blend with exotic flavors and natural spices
- Rich-flavored and strong-tasting
- Compatible with all Keurig brewing systems
- Blends very well with sugar or sweetener
Chai Latte K-Cups Buying Guide
What Do Chai Latte K-Cups Contain?
So what is included in this very popular beverage? Just like a coffee latte contains espresso and steamed milk, a chai latte contains black tea instead of espresso. But this black tea is full of spices like cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper, etc.
Have you ever had masala tea or chai? If yes, then you know what chai latte tastes like. But with concentrated spiced black tea and steamed milk. The beverage has a light, creamy texture when combined with steamed milk. You can add regular milk too. The difference between the two is much the same as milk plus coffee and steamed milk plus coffee.
How Much Caffeine Is Present In A Single Chai Latte K-Cup?
8 ounces of black tea contains 25-48 milligrams of caffeine content. 8 ounces of green tea has 25-29 milligrams of caffeine. And coffee is loaded with anywhere between 95 and 165 milligrams of caffeine.
What about chai latte? On an average, 8 ounces of this particular beverage in a K-cup offers around 50 milligrams of caffeine. Then there’s the decaf version as well with only 2-5 milligrams of caffeine per K-cup.
How Many Calories Does A Single Chai Latte K-Cup Have?
Typically, one K-cup of chai latte contains around 60 calories. Needless to say, there are flavors with a higher and lower number of calories too. But for now, this is the most common caloric content per chai latte K-cup.
Nutritional Information of Chai Latte K-Cups
Let’s start with calories and fat. The former you already know, which is about 60 calories per K-cup. From the 60, 23 calories come from fat. The total fat content is 2.5 grams of only saturated fat and no trans fat, in the majority of cases at least. And this amounts to around 14-15 percent of your daily fat intake.
Speaking of which, you should always limit the consumption of saturated fat since it tends to raise cholesterol, clog arteries, and put your heart at risk.
Moving on to carbohydrates, every chai latte K-cup has 9 grams of total carbs. That is only 3-percent of your daily carb intake. And just 1 gram of protein (2-percent daily intake).
What about sodium? Between 130 and 170 milligrams. So that is 6-7 percent of your daily sodium consumption. Keep in mind that high sodium levels in the body elevate blood pressure and lead to circulatory and heart problems.
Did you know that some chai latte K-cups are also infused with allergy-triggering tree nuts and soy?
Is Chai Tea Good for Weight Loss?
No doubt, chai tea helps in preventing weight gain as well as promoting fat loss. And here’s how.
- Chai tea, generally, is prepared using soy or cow milk, which are healthy protein sources. Protein contributes greatly when it comes to reducing hunger and making you feel full for longer. So you avoid overeating.
- Black tea compounds promote the breakdown of fats and minimize the level of calories that your body normally absorbs from your food.
- The common ingredient added to a chai latte, black pepper, is known to prevent body fat accumulation.
Just make sure the sugar content remains minimal. Even the type and amount of milk matters in terms of calories. 12-ounce chai tea prepared using skim milk offers 60 calories. While the homemade version has about 80 calories. As for nonfat chai latte, which is a popular drink at coffee shops, is packed with as many as 180 calories.
So the moral of the story is that you should avoid sweetened chai latte if you’re on a weight loss diet. Go for the homemade, unsweetened varieties instead.
So you own a fancy Keurig coffee maker for preparing a wide range of delicious beverages other than coffee. There’s green tea, hot chocolate, and now even spiced chai latte. This particular drink comes in many different flavors. Even the level of caffeine differs from one K-cup of a brand to another. So those sensitive to caffeine can also devour chai tea latte.
The creamy, spicy, and sweet flavor of chai latte is the reason why it’s such a popular beverage in most coffee shops. And if you have a Keurig, then it’s likely to become a favorite at home too!