There are plenty of coffee lovers who prefer the pour-over brewing technique instead of regular drip coffee. Some of us here at Coffee Style Today simply enjoy the richer flavors of the former. And also the greater control this particular brewing method makes room for.
The only drawback is the additional effort and time it demands, which can be a problem if you’re a busy or lazy person. But there’s a smart solution for that too. And it comes in the form of the best automatic pour over coffee makers. That means no need to make do with just an average cup of pour-over just because you’re pressed for time.
- Best Automatic Coffee Makers for Pour-Over Coffee
- 1. Bonavita BV1900TS 8-Cup One-Touch Coffee Maker
- 2. Technivorm Moccamaster 59616 KBG 10-Cup Coffee Maker
- 3. OXO Brew 9 Cup Coffee Maker
- 4. Cuisinart CPO-850 Coffee Brewer
- 5. Breville BDC400BSS Precision Brewer Coffee Maker
- 6. KitchenAid KCM0802CU Pour Over Coffee Brewer
- 7. Brim 8 Cup Pour Over Coffee Maker
- 8. Gourmia GCM3350 Fully Automatic Pour Over Coffee Brewer
- What is An Automatic Pour Over Coffee Maker?
- How Does It Differ From Drip?
- Is It Better Than Traditional Coffee?
- Important Features to Consider
- Final Verdict
Best Automatic Coffee Makers for Pour-Over Coffee
The operation of Bonavita BV1900TS is dead simple. All thanks to the one-touch functionality of this 8-cup coffee maker!
Even with coffee that doesn’t tickle your fancy, it prepares the most delicious brew. So imagine how exquisite the sipping experience is bound to be in the case of freshly grinding your favorite roast in one of these burr grinders for the pour-over technique.
- Golden Cup standard automatic coffee maker
- Mimics pour-over brewing with pre-infusion mode
- Durable, double-walled stainless steel thermal carafe
- Powerful, precise water heater ensures ideal brewing temperature
- Large showerhead initiates even saturation, thus uniform extraction
2. Technivorm Moccamaster 59616 KBG 10-Cup Coffee Maker
The debate between Bonavita and Technivorm never ends. Because, to be completely honest with you, both coffee makers are on par when it comes to preparing the most delicious brew at home. The simplicity, even in the case of the Technivorm Moccamaster, is pure joy. You get a consistently hot cup of coffee every single time.
And if you’re a coffee connoisseur like us who spends quite a generous amount of money on high-quality coffee beans, then you deserve to drink a brew like this.
Also, did you know that your freshly prepared coffee is stored in a carafe over a hot plate, which features two settings!
- A quiet 10-cup coffee maker with auto shut-off
- Automatic drip-stop brew-basket
- Hot plate with two settings to hold the coffee
3. OXO Brew 9 Cup Coffee Maker
A great gift, even for your own coffee cravings, OXO Brew Coffee Maker is an essentially perfect at-home pour-over brewing system. All the parts of the unit are very convenient to disassemble, clean, and then assemble. It has a double-walled stainless steel thermal carafe that keeps the temperature, flavor, and aroma of your freshly prepared coffee intact long enough.
But it’s the BetterBrew precision that speaks volumes. And we’re sure you would agree too because the technology automatically optimizes the brewing temperature and time to give you the perfect cup of pour-over coffee.
- Gold Standard 9-cup coffee maker
- BetterBrew precision auto controls brewing temperature and time
- Pause and pour, freshness indicator, and wake-up timer
- Insulated stainless steel thermal carafe
- SCA-certified, hence quality brewing
4. Cuisinart CPO-850 Coffee Brewer
If you’ve spent more time than you can remember over manual pour-over brewing, then maybe it’s time to switch to automatic. This Cuisinart coffee maker is well-built, no doubt. Even filling and cleaning the machine is a hassle-free experience.
And since you’re used to manual brewing, you might also appreciate the option of adjusting the brewing time, temperature, and strength. You don’t even have to worry about secondary aspects. For example, the water level indicator is up-front, thus easy to read.
- 8-cup automatic coffee maker with strength and temperature control
- 24-hour programmability and Brew Pause function
- Available with thermal or glass carafe
- SCA Home Brewer Certification
5. Breville BDC400BSS Precision Brewer Coffee Maker
With precise, adjustable temperature and automatic Steep and Release technology, this Breville coffee maker brews the most delicious filter coffee automatically. You can even customize the brewing temperature, coffee bloom time, and water flow rate. This means complete control over your favorite coffee, be it floral, earth, fruity, etc.
There’s also a Gold Cup preset mode, which makes adjustments automatically for enabling the best practices for this particular type of brewing method. Moreover, there are double filter baskets to brew whatever volume of coffee your cravings demand at that moment.
- Gold Cup standard, SCA-certified precision brewer
- 6 different brewing modes
- Adjustable, precise temperature control
- Steep and Release technology for small cup volumes
- Adjustable flow rate and bloom time
6. KitchenAid KCM0802CU Pour Over Coffee Brewer
KitchenAid also does a marvelous job when it comes to designing a coffee maker that simulates the very popular pour-over brewing technique. Because coffee does indeed taste better when the brewing temperature is the most ideal.
On top of that, the SCA-certified machine is generously durable. And simply the perfect choice for those who want to get the best of both worlds – control and flavor of manual pour-over brewing and convenient, quick programmability of an automatic coffee maker.
- SCA-certified 8-cup coffee maker with automated pour-over brewing
- Visual display shows every step of the process
- Advanced heating technology for optimal coffee extraction
- One-touch medium roast and dark roast settings
7. Brim 8 Cup Pour Over Coffee Maker
Once Brim becomes a part of your at-home coffee experience, you’ll be sipping nothing but smooth, strong pour-over coffee. And without having to spend much time or energy. Simply fill the tank, place your grounds into the filter, and press start.
As for cleaning, just rinse the filter holder and coffee pot. This 8-cup coffee maker is a huge hit among caffeine enthusiasts who can’t get enough of pour-over but don’t have the time or patience to get used to the manual process of brewing.
- Pulse brewing delivers even coffee bed saturation
- Permanent mesh filter ensures optimal coffee-to-water ratio
- 8-cup capacity and automatic shut-off
8. Gourmia GCM3350 Fully Automatic Pour Over Coffee Brewer
Now it’s true that Gourmia isn’t Bonavita or Technivorm. Nevertheless, their fully automatic coffee maker here prepares great-tasting pour-over coffee. After all, the machine used the right temperature, coffee-to-water ratio, bloom time, and circular-patterned pour-over technique.
At the same time, it looks pretty sharp on the kitchen countertop. Surely a unique and authentic coffee maker, which is also plastic-free by the way.
- Integrated scale measures coffee grounds for the precise Golden ratio
- Barista pour-over technique with bloom pause
- Adjustable brewing temperature and 24-hour preset timer
What is An Automatic Pour Over Coffee Maker?
It’s a machine where water passes through coffee grounds automatically. And this process can be controlled in the form of adjustable brewing time, temperature, and sometimes even coffee-to-water ratio, bloom time, and flow rate.
As opposed to manual pour-over brewing, automatic coffee makers heat the water as well. It’s just a coffee machine that simulates every aspect of manual pour-over in the form of an electronically controlled process to save both time and effort.
How Does It Differ From Drip?
The fundamentals of both of these brewing techniques are much the same. Both types of coffee methods run water through the grounds for preparing your brew. The difference, however, exists in the details of the brewing process.
When it comes to brewing, factors like time, flow rate, speed, etc. have a huge impact on the flavor, texture, and quality of coffee the machine prepares. Drip is the basic version of pour-over but without the programmability and precision most automatic pour-over machines are equipped with.
Is It Better Than Traditional Coffee?
If the automatic coffee maker mimicking the pour-over technique offers programmability and adjustability, then you can achieve the perfect brewing accuracy. But it also depends on the coffee grind quality. Such factors decide if the brew tastes better than one prepared using the manual, conventional method.
Important Features to Consider
Brewing Capacity / Size of Coffee Maker
It’s only common sense to buy a machine based on how much coffee you prepare in a single brewing cycle. Needless to say, single-cup or small-capacity coffee makers are perfect if you’re the only one drinking coffee at home. Otherwise, you can choose 8-cup, 9-cup, and 10-cup capacities.
Another thing that matters is how much space you have on the kitchen counter. Automated pour-over coffee makers come in a variety of sizes. But it’s important to buy one you’re certain is going to fit conveniently.
Adjustable Brewing Temperature
After all, water temperature control is the most crucial aspect in the department of pour-over brewing. In that case, what’s the ideal temperature required for this particular method? It should be between 195 degrees and 205 degrees Fahrenheit.
The machine should also give you the opportunity to adjust this brewing temperature. Because only then does it precisely mimic manual pour-over brewing.
If the coffee maker is not integrated with programmability, then you might as well brew your coffee by hand, right? Some of the best features include a 24-hour timer, adjustable bloom time, adjustable flow rate, digital display, indicator lights, etc. Along with brewing temperature and time adjustability of course.
Hot Plate or Thermal Carafe
The former does indeed sound like a tempting feature, but please note that it often leads to burnt-tasting coffee since the hot plate continuously cooks your coffee post-brewing. In light of this fact, a thermal carafe is a better option. But only if it’s a double-walled stainless steel thermal carafe.
Whatever you choose, keep in mind that it’s best to consume freshly prepared coffee within 30 minutes.
Ease of Cleaning
By default, we all are bound to dread the whole coffee-making task if there’s too much cleaning involved after brewing. Also, who’s got the extra time to clean the machine, right? So how about making sure its parts are removable and also dishwasher-friendly.
Some coffee makers feature an indicator that alerts you whenever cleaning is required.
No doubt, stainless steel coffee machines are the most durable. This includes a stainless steel carafe, showerhead, and filter basket.
The pour-over brewing technique is preferred by many coffee drinkers simply because it yields a more flavorful, bolder, and richer cup of coffee. But you don’t necessarily have to make the extra effort to facilitate this kind of slow extraction. You can just let advanced technology do that for you in the form of an automatic coffee maker that simulates pour-over brewing.
And what we’ve done is brought you face to face with some of the most dependable and efficient automated pour-over coffee machines. That prepare the perfect Barista-quality home brew!